Air Jacket by Helite – Childs
- All Helite Air Jackets have a Multi-directional Triggering System to ensure safe release of the rider in all situations.
- Protection is given to the full length of the back and chest as well as protection for the sides and back of the neck. This greatly minimises the risk of whiplash injuries and helps to prevent impact injuries.
- We advise that the Air Jacket is worn in conjunction with a BETA Level 3 body protector.
- When not inflated the Air Jacket allows for full body movement. When inflated the jacket supports the spinal column to prevent over flexion of the spine.
- All Air Jackets will arrive ready to use, each one is supplied with a gas canister installed and a lanyard to connect the rider to the saddle (an extra canister is supplied free of charge).
- N.B. If you have not experienced the Air Jacket inflate, we advise to do a trial inflation before wearing it on a horse, this is why we supply an extra canister.
- The lanyard is a fixed length with a clip to attach to the ring on the saddle straps. The saddle strap attaches to the stirrup bars on the saddle and is included with the Air Jacket.
- When used with a BETA approved Level 3 body protector the Air Jacket improves protection to the spine by up to 69%. It also provides approximately 45% more protection for the lower spine than a BETA level 3 body protector alone. The Air Jacket worn with or without a Body Protector, reduced the risk of rib fractures and underlying organ damage, by as much as 20%.
- The Helite Trigger system uses a screw in canister - this is a proven and safe system. The canister must be screwed in tightly, under no circumstances should screw thread be visible. The plug at the bottom must also be fully screwed in and an allen key is provided to do this.
- The wearer of the Childs Air Jacket - size small and medium must weigh at least 4 stone in weight to ensure the trigger system is activated in the event of a fall. The child large is a minimum weight of 6 stone. The Child small and medium size Air Jackets take the 50cc canister and the child large and adult size jackets take the 60 cc canister.